Welcome to Friday, everyone! Can you believe May is already almost over? it seems crazy to me.
This week, I shared 7 Lessons I Learned from a Local Author Fair after I went to one this past Saturday. I had a great time and learned a lot, so if you’re interested in learning a few writing lessons, stop on over there!
I’ve also decided to start doing something like “This Day in Musings History,” Where I’ll share a blog post I wrote roughly a year ago. About a year ago today, I shared my Arizona Adventures with all of you! It’s amazing to me how that was a whole year ago – it feels like just yesterday!
As for the rest of the week…
Song of the Week
- Memphis May Fire released a music video for “That’s Just Life,” one of my favorite songs from their newest album.
- It’s Zelda week at Geeks Under Grace, and among the many fantastic articles they’ve written (not all of which I’ve read, because Breath of the Wild spoilers), they also shared a BotW-related chapter from the devotional book Faith & Fandom, which I really enjoyed.
- I caught up on my YouTube subscriptions this week and liked two of Blimey Cow’s latest videos: “Why we make this show” and “JUST LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS“
- Gabrielle @ Write for the King wrote a great blog post about Young Writers and editing. Even though I just turned 19, I still consider myself a “young writer” (younger, at least), and I thought this was good advice.
- Finally, I liked The Babylon Bee‘s list of “23 Christian Movies The NEED To Be Made.” I’ll let it speak for itself.
Writing… a BRAND NEW story idea that is slowly starting to take shape. Not that I really needed any more projects to work on, but this is more of a side project than anything. It stars my character Chey Cooper, but other than that, everything else is up in the air. We’ll have to see where it goes!
Playing… Breath of the Wild. Yes, still. I’ve been working on filling the empty spaces on my map, locating stables, solving shrine puzzles, and remembering lost memories. I’ll admit I enjoy the puzzles and exploration of Zelda games more than the combat, so I haven’t really taken on any of the larger challenges yet, but I’m enjoying myself nonetheless.
Reading… 1984 by George Orwell. I’ve never read it before, and I’ve been hearing a lot about it lately, so I thought it was worth checking out. So far it’s not bad, but it has yet to really grab my attention. Hopefully it does, or else this could be a long read…
Looking forward to… My brother’s concert this weekend! He’s in a program called School of Rock (no relation to the movie), and this weekend, he’s playing guitar in a show. There are two performances, one tonight and one tomorrow night, so I’ll be going and taking pictures at both. I also ordered a new Zelda-themed Geeks Under Grace t-shirt that’s supposed to arrive this weekend, and I’m excited for that!
Thankful for… storytelling, cupcakes, Flyleaf, lunch outings with family, and singing loud in the car.
What have you been up to this week? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Until next time!